PRAGUE, Czech Republic, May 5, 2021
- Jakub Petřina has been appointed to the new position of Group CMO
- He is responsible for communication, brand strategy, CRM, pricing and product management at Rohlik Group
- Petřina is one of several senior internationals hired at Rohlik Group over the past year
- The appointment comes as Rohlik Group looks to significantly scale its Hungarian, Austrian, and German marketing teams while planning to significantly expand to other international markets
Online grocery giant Rohlik Group has announced the appointment of Jakub Petřina as its Group Chief Marketing Officer. He leads Rohlik's communication, brand strategy, CRM, pricing and product management.
Jakub is a passionate leader who thrives on achieving growth and overcoming obstacles. He is an experienced brand builder who approaches marketing communication from outside of the box; breaking up age-old stereotypes and bringing exactly the kind of talent that the Rohlik Group welcomes.
Jakub Petřina, the new Rohlik Group CMO commented: “I am joining Rohlik Group to help us become a European leader in online grocery delivery. The offline to online shift has only just started in this category and I will work hard to speed it up. Pulling the right marketing levers, I want to help bring about a great change for millions of people and enable Rohlik to become the #1 player in the process.”
Jakub joins Rohlik Group with twenty-five years of experience in marketing management. He spent the last ten years establishing and building Air Bank as their Chief Marketing & Product Officer.
Rohlik's commitment to the delivery of quality customer service, awesome food and tech innovation has secured the interest of talent from the world‘s biggest companies; including Makro Cash & Carry, Walmart, SAP, SolarWinds, Red Hat, and many more.
The company is continuing to grow its team, creating more highly skilled jobs and building on its growing reputation as one of the leading online grocery businesses in Europe. The new senior appointments will focus on supporting Rohlik's growth across its existing markets and its launch in Germany and other international markets.
A selection of top executives hired at Rohlik Group include:
- Peter Klekner joined Rohlik Group as the CEO of Kifli.hu in Hungary. He was previously at Philips where he was the Commercial Director.
- Erich Čomor joined Rohlik Group as the CEO of Knuspr.de in Germany. He comes from Velvon where he was also CEO. Prior to that, he worked as the CEO of Air Bank and CEO of Home Credit Czech Republic & Slovakia. Erich also amassed a wealth of experience working as Chief Marketing and Product Officer at GE Money Bank, McKinsey & Company and Procter & Gamble.
- Sonia Slavtcheva joined Rohlik Group as CFO. Before her appointment, she was the CFO at Allianz and the Group CFO at the Home Credit group. She gained great financial experience at GE Capital occupying several managerial positions, not only in the Czech Republic but also in the entire region of Central and Eastern Europe, as well as in the USA.
- Daniela Razimová joined Rohlik Group as Chief People & Culture Officer. Previously, she spent twelve years working for Home Credit as its Group Chief HR Officer and then worked in the same position at Velvon in Germany. Daniela also gained experience at GE Money Bank and Philip Morris International, working in the Czech Republic, Switzerland and the UK.
Jakub's appointment comes as Rohlik Group looks to further boost its international growth ambitions by scaling up its team and allowing it to launch its unique service in other countries. The company plans to make dozens of appointments to senior positions in the IT, Business Intelligence, Finance, Logistics, Commercial and Marketing teams among others. The team will lead integral projects initiatives, one of the most important being the technology that powers Rohlik Group.
Tomáš Čupr, Rohlik Group CEO said: "We want to become the definitive online grocery company and I truly believe that with the tech innovation central to Rohlik Group – along with the passion for customer service and drive of the team - we can achieve that."
Following its launch in 2014, Rohlik has grown at a record rate, and with its accelerated growth and success, it has attracted significant international investment into the online food industry.
In order for Rohlik to be successful in fulfilling its plans for expansion across its existing markets and other international markets, it needs experienced professionals gathered from multinational retail, while at the same time adding personalities interested in participating in the development of the company and the Rohlik brand, which is a love brand for customers and also employees.
This planned continued international expansion will give Rohlik Group access to the very best talent from across the globe. As part of its expansion, Rohlik selects local management for existing companies in the Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary and will launch in Germany within the coming months.
At the same time the company strengthens the group level management who will provide supervision for all companies in the group: Rohlik.cz, Kifli.hu, Gurkerl.at and Knuspr.de.
About Rohlik Group
Founded in 2014 in the Czech Republic, Rohlik is the European leader of e-grocery in Central Europe. Already active in the Czech Republic (Rohlik.cz), Hungary (Kifli.hu) and Austria (Gurkerl.at), the company will be launching in the coming months in Germany (Knuspr.de).
By owning its end-to-end operations, including all in-house technology, Rohlik provides a superior customer experience with the freshest food from local farmers and artisans, as well as having a broad supermarket selection.
Rohlik’s turnover exceeded €300 million in 2020. It currently has 750,000 customers across three international markets.
For media enquiries:
Eliška Čeřovská, [email protected]